Maths in PE Extra Currcicular Club Session 5 & 6

Keeping with the spirit of summer sports I decided to keep with the cricket theme this week for my Maths in PE extra curricular club, but find an activity that would engage more students. I decided that we would complete a batting challenge, where students get bowled 6 good balls and we work out the average of the runs they gained, giving us a runs per ball figure for the batter. This was quite a simple task for the students meaning all they had to do was add together the amount of runs they gained from the 6 balls and divide by the amount of balls, which was 6.

The popularity of this task was high, which I found pleasing as the bowling challenge had lowered the numbers of students participating, due to it not being that interactive. It has increased so much that I am repeating the activity next week to get more students involved!